Aeronautical engineers maintain, repair, service, install and test components of aircrafts and aircraft systems.
The competition has been designed to reflect the role of a Mechanical Technician and the standards that are expected within the aeronautical industry.
- This is an individual competition
- There is no limit to the number of entries per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the Tools section below) and have achieved a Level 3 in the last 12 months
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 12 April 2019
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019, further details will be released in the New Year.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK LIVE.
- Download the competition overview, core competencies and pre-competition activity pack from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
Heats, dates and venues
|27/06/2019||Coleg Cambria -Deeside, Kelsterton Road, Connahs Quay, Deeside, CH5 4BR|
Joanne O'Brien (Semta) with Gold Medal winner David Sutton
Competition organising partner
Semta is the competition organising partner for the Aeronautical Engineering: Mechanical competition.Find out more