Aeronautical engineers maintain, repair, service, install and test components of aircrafts and aircraft systems
The competition has been designed to reflect the role of an Avionic Technician and the standards that are expected within the aeronautical industry.
- This is an individual competition
- A maximum of 8 entries per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the Tools section below) and have achieved a Level 3 in the last 12 months
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 5 April 2019
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019, further details will be released in the New Year.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK Live.
- Download the competition overview, core competencies and pre-competition activity pack from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
Competition organising partner
Semta is the competition organising partner for the Aeronautical Engineering: Avionic competition.Find out more