A Visual Merchandiser is responsible for designing the window displays for a store, as well as ensuring that the interior of the store is laid out accurately so that the customer can navigate the store easily.
Please note registration is now closed for 2020
The competition has been designed to reflect the practical skill set a visual merchandiser must employ, encompasses styling product, decal use, painting, prop making, graphics, and lighting.
Within the competition, all these components must be implemented together to produce a balanced and eye-catching display. Attention to detail and neatness in execution is also paramount.
- This is an individual competition
- There is a limit of 5 per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with core competencies but not have more than 2 years’ industry and have been studying for a Level 3 in the during the academic year of registration.
- Candidates currently in education should have successfully completed at least one year of a relevant qualification in: Visual Merchandising, Retail, Fashion, Branding or creative, practical Art course.
- Some experience of working in Visual Merchandising or a retail/ display environment is also preferable, but not necessary.
- Candidates in the retail sector should have at least 1 year of active experience in a retail/ display/ VM role.
- All Candidates must have a portfolio of practical work (product/ window displays) as well as design work.
- Candidates must have some practical/ product handling experience.
Please note, we've postponed qualifiers taking place from April-June due to Coronavirus and are planning for these to take place later in the year. For more information please read our FAQs.
- Registered applicants will be required to complete a short passive test by Monday 18 May 2020.
Please see below to download material in order to help candidates prepare for the competition.