This Competition assesses the skills and abilities of competitors using Microsoft software.
The Inclusive Skills competitions have been created to showcase the skills of students of learning difficulties and build links between further education colleges (specialist and mainstream), work-based learning providers and employers across the country.
WorldSkills UK: Inclusive Skills, IT Software Solutions for Business Competitions focus on all the essential requirements for embarking on a career working with Microsoft software in the IT department of any organisation.
This Competition tests competitors’ knowledge of Microsoft Office software - Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Outlook during the regional qualifiers and the full Microsoft Office suite in the National Final.
Competitors will be inputting, manipulating, outputting and presenting information and will need to demonstrate:
- time management skills
- This is an individual competition
- Competitors must be familiar with all the core competences listed and must be working towards a Level 1 qualification or have achieved it within 6 months of the competition registration opening on 1st March 2019
- Competitors must be at least 16 years of age
- Competitors must have a statement of support that outlines any individual needs of the learner within the competition and the level they are currently working at - i.e.: support with communication etc
- A maximum of up to 3 registrations per campus and up to 6 registrants per organisation can enter
How you can take part
- Register online to enter this competition from 2 March to 2 April 2020
- Registered applicants will be required to participate in heats across the country. Heats will assess applicants on Core Competencies (see below)
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results of the Heats and the finalists will be notified by July 2020
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2020 as part of WorldSkills UK LIVE
Where you can take part
|North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire||Nuneaton||East Midlands||15/05/2020|
|New College Stamford||Stamford||East England||22/05/2020|
|North Regional College||NewtonAbbey||Northern Ireland||28/05/2020|
|New College Lanarkshire||Motherwell||Scotland||28/05/2020|
|Walsall College||Wallsall||West Midlands||30/05/2020|
|New College Durham||Durham||03/06/2020||03/06/2020|
|Bradford College||Bradford||Yorkshire and Humberside||10/06/2020|
|Cardiff and Vale College||Cardiff||Wales||17/06/2020|
|College of Haringey, Enfield and North East London||London||London||23/06/2020|
Please see below to download material in order to help candidates prepare for the competition.