This Competition assesses the skills and abilities of competitors using Microsoft software.
The Inclusive Skills competitions have been created to showcase the skills of students of learning difficulties and build links between further education colleges (specialist and mainstream), work-based learning providers and employers across the country.
Please note registration is now closed for 2020
WorldSkills UK: Inclusive Skills, IT Software Solutions for Business Competitions focus on all the essential requirements for embarking on a career working with Microsoft software in the IT department of any organisation.
This Competition tests competitors’ knowledge of Microsoft Office software - Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Outlook during the regional qualifiers and the full Microsoft Office suite in the National Final.
Competitors will be inputting, manipulating, outputting and presenting information and will need to demonstrate:
- time management skills
- This is an individual competition
- A maximum of 6 entries per organisation may enter this competition
- Competitors must be familiar with all the core competences listed below in the 'Useful Information' section and must be working towards a Level 1 qualification or have achieved it within 6 months of the competition registration opening on 1st March 2020
- Competitors must be at least 16 years of age
- Competitors must have a statement of support that outlines any individual needs of the learner within the competition and the level they are currently working at - i.e.: support with communication etc
Please note, we've postponed qualifiers taking place from April-June due to Coronavirus and are planning for these to take place later in the year. For more information please read our FAQs.
Please see below to download material in order to help candidates prepare for the competition.