An IT Network Security Technician protects networks from hackers and viruses by establishing network security in line with policies.
Network Security is a major concern for many organisations due to the increase in network security breaches involving external and internal users.
This competition is aimed at ICT students or trainees who are preparing for a career as a Network Administrator or Security Professional. It is open to students who have experience of configuring LINUX, routers, switches and firewall devices. The technologies used in this competition will be primarily Microsoft, LINUX and CISCO although other security technologies may be included. Configuration documentation will be provided for any non CISCO technologies used in the competition.
Competitors will undertake a series of practical tests based on the workplace which will demonstrate their abilities and skills to make quick and correct decisions when facing unexpected situations.
- This is an individual competition
- 3 competitors per college/organisation may enter this competition.
- Colleges/organisations with more than one campus may enter up to 6 competitors – with a maximum of 3 competitors per campus. eg – A multi campus college/organisation with 3 sites could enter 1 competitor from site A, 2 competitors from site B and 3 competitors from site C = 6 competitors maximum.
How you can take part
- Register online to enter this competition from 2 March to 2 April 2020
- Registered applicants will be required to participate in heats across the country. Heats will assess applicants on Core Competencies (see below)
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results of the Heats and the finalists will be notified by July 2020
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2020 as part of WorldSkills UK LIVE
Where you can take part
Dates and Venues to be confirmed at a later time