An IT Software Solutions Specialist uses Microsoft Office programmes to create documents and files such as presentations, graphs, and letters.
This competition assesses the skills and abilities of competitors entering the field of Microsoft IT Systems specialism.
WorldSkills UK IT Software Solutions for Business competitions focus on all the essential requirements for a successful career as a Microsoft Applications Specialist, working in the IT department of any organisation.
- This is an individual competition
- Up to 3 competitors are permitted to enter this competition per location/campus, and up to 6 in total per organisation.
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the Tools section below) and must not have more than 2 years’ industry experience
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 12 April 2019
- Teams will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK LIVE.
- Download the competition overview from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
- Pre-competition activity pack will be available soon.
Heats, dates and venues
|10/05/2019||NRC, newton Abbey|
|03/06/2019||New College Lanrkshire|
|07/06/2019||Glasgow Clyde College|
|13/06/2019||Cardiff & Vale Coleg|
Competition organising partner
The Northumberland College is the competition organising partner for the IT Software Solutions for Business competition.Find out more