Jewellery designers design and often make jewellery using a variety of materials, including gold, silver and precious stones. They design and plan pieces that can have great sentimental significance or symbolic meaning and can be wearable or are decorative artefacts in their own right.
This competition assesses the skills and abilities of competitors entering the field of Fine Jewellery Making.
Jewellery designers design and often make jewellery using a variety of materials, including gold, silver and precious stones. This competition focuses on silversmithing and the manufacture of intricate jewellery pieces from a detailed specification.
- This is an individual competition
- There is no limit to the number of entries per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the Tools section below) and must not have more than 12 months’ industry experience or should have completed a Level 2 qualification and are now working towards a higher level
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 12 April 2019
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK LIVE.
- Download the competition overview and pre-competition activity pack from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
Heats, dates and venues
|For further information contact us||Dates of Qualifying Heats|
Competition organising partner
The Goldsmiths’ Company is the competition organising partner for the Fine Jewellery Making competition.Find out more