Game artists create characters, objects and scenery in games. They paint textures and create wireframes to produce believable models. They draw, model, texture and animate, to different styles depending on the type of game.
This competition assesses the skills and abilities of competitors entering the field of 3D Digital Game Art. Game artists create characters, objects and scenery in games. They draw, model, texture and animate, to different styles depending on the type of game.
- This is an individual competition
- A maximum of 2 entries per location or campus and 6 per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the Tools section below) and working towards an equivalent Level 3 qualification.
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 5 April 2019
- Competitors are requested to submit an entry for initial assessment.
- Shortlisted competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK LIVE.
- Download the competition overview and core competencies from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
- Pre-competition activity pack will be available soon.
Heats, dates and venues
|19/06/2019||Cheshire college South & West Chester Campus|
Game Design Gold Medal - Mike Spence, South Thames College with Daniel McCabe