Plumbers install complex cold/hot water, sanitation, heating systems and domestic fuel burning appliances such as gas, or other fueled boilers, design systems and plan work activities.
SkillPLUMB is an annual skills competition designed to promote standards and skills across the plumbing industry, developing competence into excellence.
SkillPLUMB can bring invaluable benefits to students, colleges, and employers. Competitors can gain recognition for exceptional skills, injecting dynamism, and excitement into training. Employers can enhance their business reputation and improve the skills of their workforce.
- This is an individual competition.
- Maximum of 1 entry per location or campus, 3 per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competencies (these can be found in the Tools section below) and can be working towards a Level 2 or Level 3 qualification or have completed a Level 2 or 3 qualification in the last 12 months.
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 5 April 2019.
- Competitors are requested to complete or submit an entry based on the task within the pre-competition activity pack for initial assessment by 12 April 2019.
- Shortlisted competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results between July and August and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK LIVE.
- Download the core competencies and pre-competition activity pack from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
Heats, dates and venues
|22/03/2019||Belfast Metropolitan College,|
|14/06/2019||West College Scotland|
Competition organising partner
BPEC is the competition organising partner for the Plumbing competition.