A carpenter cuts, fits and assembles wood for building frameworks, doors, windows, flooring, stairs and paneling on both commercial and residential projects.
This competition has been designed to reflect the role of a carpenter and the standards that are expected within the construction industry.
A carpenter cuts, fits and assembles wood for building frameworks, doors, windows, flooring, stairs and panelling on both commercial and residential projects.
- This is an individual competition
- A maximum of 3 entries per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competences (these can be found in the Tools section below).
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 5 April 2019.
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK LIVE.
- Download the competition overview from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
- Pre-competition activity pack will be available soon.
Heats, dates and venues
|22/03/2019||Belfast Metropolitan College,|
|30/04/2019||City Of Glasgow College|
|23/05/2019||Easton & Otley|
|05/06/2019||Chatham Barracks, Royal Engineers|
|13/06/2019||South Devon College|
Competition organising partner
The Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) is the competition organising partner for the Carpentry competition.