Bricklayers build the external fabric of buildings in bricks or concrete blocks, which will be load bearing or simply a decorative weatherproof cladding to steel or concrete framed buildings.
This competition has been designed to reflect the role of a bricklayer and the standards that are expected within the construction industry.
Bricklaying is one of the most varied construction trades and bricklayers could work on a number of projects from creating a single conservatory building to building brand new homes or large commercial developments.
- This is an individual competition
- A maximum of 3 entries per organisation
- Competitors must be familiar with the core competences (these can be found in the Tools section below)
Steps to taking part in this skills competition
- Register to enter this competition by 5 April 2019.
- Competitors will be invited to a National Qualifier during Spring/Summer 2019, further details to be released in the New Year.
- WorldSkills UK quality assure the results and finalists will be notified by September 2019.
- Finalists will participate in the UK National Final at the NEC in November 2019 as part of WorldSkills UK Live.
- Download the competition overview from the Tools section to find out more about this skills competition and help with your preparation.
- Pre-competition activity pack will be available soon.
Competition organising partner
The Construction Industry Training Board (CITB) is the competition organising partner for the Bricklaying competition.Find out more